Are you attempting to ‘cut the cord’ with your PS4 and start fresh? We all have our reasons for wanting to forget a network on our PS4 console. Whether it be for security purposes, or maybe you just need to start over, we have the ultimate guide on how to do it without any headaches!
If you’ve experienced issues trying to connect to a network using your PlayStation 4 (PS4) gaming console, then forgetting the existing network could be the best option. It’s easy to forget a wireless network connection from your PS4 system. This article will walk you through the process of removing an existing wireless connection on your PS4 in a few simple steps.
Before we get started on the removal process, it is important to remember to fully power off your PlayStation 4 system. This means making sure that it has been powered down completely, not just put into Rest Mode. You’ll also want to have access to both the PlayStation 4 and its controller. So, make sure they are both powered off and readily accessible before proceeding with this guide.
Understanding the Network Settings on PS4
To delete a network on your PS4, you will first need to understand the network settings. The Network menu in the PS4 console provides an interface with which you can set up and manage network connections. You can view your IP address and connection status, as well as manage your favorite networks, and configure connected networks.
The Set Up Internet Connection section of this menu allows you to enter the necessary information for updating or changing existing connections, or for setting up new ones. This includes selecting the type of connection, setting up a static IP address or obtaining one automatically from a DHCP server (such as your modem/router).
The Internet Connection Status section displays the current status of your internet connection, including types of NAT (Network Address Translation), download speed information and LAN (Local Area Network) settings. It also shows any detected issues with any current networks connected to your console.
Finally, in the Manage Saved Data & Settings section of this menu you can save common network settings such as Preferred Networks and Network Settings Profiles that are published online by other users. This is also where you will find the option to forget a network before deleting it permanently from your PS4’s memory.
How to forget a network on ps4
In order to forget a network on the PS4 console, follow the steps provided below:
1. On your PlayStation 4 Home Screen select Settings.
2. Select Network.
3. Select Set up Internet Connection.
4. Choose Wi-Fi or a LAN cable depending on how you connect to the internet and select Next.
5. Select Easy or Custom setup depending on your network settings and select Next.
6. If Easy, select your wireless network and confirm you want to forget it by selecting Yes when prompted and select next when done. If custom setup, set up the connection manually by entering in your IP settings and other details as provided by your ISP or router administrator before selecting “Do Not Use a Proxy Server.”
7. Select Test Internet Connection when finished to test connection features such as NAT Type and Online Status before returning to the home screen to begin using your new internet connection!
Finally, it is important to note that the steps outlined above are only applicable to PS4 networks. Any other networks that you may have associated with the device, such as your home Wi-Fi router or any other public hotspot, must be forgotten separately. Additionally, it might take a few moments for the PS4 to disconnect from the network you have chosen to forget. Once this process is complete and the device has reconnected to a different wireless network (or ethernet connection), you can be sure that all traces of the old connection have been eradicated from your system.